Home » About Us » History

HISTORY

Originally known as Industria Engineering Products, our company can trace its roots back to 1955 when it took possession of shop premises in the Acton area of North London. The business grew quickly supplying industry in the greater London area and soon relocated to larger premises in Uxbridge.

Expansion followed and Industria soon established branches in many of the UK’s industrial cities. Industria’s influence on the UK bearing industry has been significant and we were responsible for first introducing brands such as FYH, McGill, Steyr and IKS into the Uk, all of which are now well-respected names in the industry. The company established its Aerospace division to serve the rapidly expanding aviation industry and soon became preferred suppliers to many well known companies such as Westland Helicopters and British Aerospace who have remained key customers to this day.

Following a restructuring of the business in 2006 the company now serves a wide range of aerospace and industrial market sectors operating from three strategic locations in the UK, namely Uxbridge, Leeds and Cradley in the West Midlands.